COLLECTION AND DISBURSEMENT OF SERVICE CHARGES
- All Voice Communication Service Providers shall remit 9-1-1 service charge fees pursuant to Section 11-98-5, Code of Ala. 1975.
Fees shall be submitted to the Alabama Statewide 9-1-1 Board by the end of the calendar month following the month the provider receives the service charge from its subscribers. Beginning August 1, 2020, all remittances by providers are required to use Alabama Interactive as the proper method of remitting 911 fees to the Statewide Board. Alabama Interactive, Inc. has entered into a contractual agreement with the State of Alabama for Digital Government Services, under which Alabama Interactive provides electronic access and electronic transaction e-government services for state government agencies, including the Statewide Board. The Executive Director of the Board is responsible for administering this Rule and working with Providers to ensure compliance. The carrier remittance portal through which fee remittances must be made is available through the Alabama Statewide 911 Board’s website:
- For service providers collecting less than $50.00 per month of total fee remittances, the Board will not take collection action provided the reports and fee remittances are received on a quarterly basis.
All service providers providing fee remittance for 9-1-1 service pursuant to Section 11-98-5, Code of Ala. 1975, shall provide the following information with the fee remittance submission:
- Service provider’s name, identifying number, and contact information.
Third-party preparer’s name, identifying number, and contact information. Service connections information.
- Service collection period.
- Service connection type(s) and counts of each.
- Adjustments taken, with explanation, if not within the one percent administrative allowance pursuant to Section 11-98-5, Code of Ala. 1975.
- Confirmation of summary information based on the information provided and the net service fee to be remitted.
- The following certification shall be a part of the form: “These amounts are submitted in compliance with Sections 11-98-1 and 11-98-5, Code of Ala. 1975, as amended, along with the definitions and ordinances held within. I certify and declare that I have verified the foregoing and amounts alleged are true, to the best of my knowledge and belief.”
- In the event of multiple irregularities or failures to submit the fee remittances in a timely manner, the provider’s representative will be encouraged to attend a board meeting of the Alabama 9-1-1 Board, either in person or via teleconference, to explain these issues to the Board.